visit the web site

Friday, April 18

Buffalo Indie Market update

Good news! According to a comment posted on this blog, there IS an elevator in the Pearl St building. Perfect. I think it would be very cool if there was good signage next time with a notation about the elevator.

I belong to an online discussion group of NY State professional artists and artisans. One of the members runs a respected full time art market in Rochester that has vendors (I hate that word but I've run out of synonyms) setting up weekly or just on weekends or when there is a special event. I believe there are also permanent members. Anyway, she claims that a lack of committed participants has forced her to include imports and folks who sell them. I hope the Indie Market will be able to avoid that. You get a feeling that this venture is truly a celebration of handcrafted work.

And there is an elevator! :)

No comments: