visit the web site

Thursday, October 9

back to it

I feel like we were never gone. How funny that is. I'm back to work at the theater and getting ready for the Christmas shows, connecting with some shops that want my stuff to sell.

But first, I have to get the studio re-organized. The frantic dash to the finish as the Summer shows ended left my poor workspace in total disarray. I doubt I could sit and make anything at all right now. I'd never find the tools! So, Saturday I am devoting to organization and cleaning.

I've been researching libraries with gift shops and learning about how to develop wholesale accounts. All with an eye to marketing my book pins. It will probably have to wait until the 1st of the year, though.

Practicing photography with my new morning discipline is helping me zero in on what kind of photos I want to use on the journals. I haven't given up on that idea. In fact, I'm more into it than I was at the beginning of the season. I think I'm going to wrap photos around a piece of book board and mount it unframed on the cover. At least that's how I'm seeing it now. I doubt I'll have the idea totally formed in time for the holiday shows. Still can't decide whether to print the photo on regular photo paper or "artify" it by printing on handmade paper. WIll it even print on hmp?

And I need to design some Holiday cards. I may resurrect the cast paper dove and mount it on a torn paper collage instead of a solid color. Hand letter "peace". Could work.

I have a month before the first show and then they come at me fast. almost every week. Oh man.

I need a vacation.

No comments: